Why add your listing with Google Places?
Once we have verified and secured your listing, you can enhance the Place Page for your business by adding photos, videos, coupons, and even real-time updates like weekly specials all on your Place Page. Verifying your listing gives you the opportunity to share even more information about your business with Google.
How it works
Each business listing on Google is in fact a giant ‘cluster’ of information that we get from a few different places: Yellow Pages, for example, as well as other third-party providers. To make sure the basic information you submit is accurate, Google will ask you to verify it first by entering a PIN that will be sent to either your business address or phone number.
You can add other information to your listing too — such as a description of your business, for example, as well as photos, reviews, or information about hours.
Before you get started, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Right now, Google Places is available for businesses in only certain countries.
- To find out if your country is one of them, click Add new listing when logged in to your Google Places account. Check the country drop down at the top of the sign-up page. You can also check country availability on the Mapping tool availability page.
- We Have A 1x Start up Fee, With NO MONTHLY Fee’s or Contracts.
- Adding your listing to Google Places is required to generate locally-targeted advertising & Customers.
- Every business listing must have a mailing address.
- This is the physical address where mail can be sent to your business. If you work from home or you are a mobile-only business you can specify service areas and choose to hide your physical address later on!
- There shouldn’t be more than one listing per physical location.
- Even if you’re a doctor who is a cardiologist and a chiropractor or a service that covers multiple towns, you shouldn’t have two listings. Instead, use the description of your business or categories to explain the different services your business offers.
When creating your Place page, make sure that your internet browser is Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to ensure that it publishes properly. Its also a good idea to read
Google Places quality guidelines to make sure that your listing will be approved to appear on Google.